Complete Guide to Google Adsense
What is Google Adsense?
Google AdSense is a program run by Google that allows publishers sites to serve automatic text, image, video, or interactive media advertisements, that are targeted to site content and audience. It’s one of the easiest ways to make money online from website or blogging.
Can anyone register in Google Adsense?
Yes anybody who has a blog or website and has a quality content to monetize can register in Google Adsense and start making money.
5 Things to Do Before Applying for Google Adsense
- Make sure you website has a good number of articles and pages.
- The quality of the content matters. Do not submit websites which just displays content from RSS feed, Videos etc. This will get rejected.
- Make sure your website has following pages(Home, About Us, Privacy, Terms & Conditions and Contact Us). This will help Google to understand your website easily.
- Good website Design. A clean and neat UI and readable content are always good.
- Make sure that you do not have too many Ads on your website. Especially the ones like PopAds, PopUnder etc.
How to Create Google Adsense Account?
- Visit Google Adsense Signup Page and Click on Sign up Now to start the registration process.
- If you already have a google account you could log in using that or create a new google account.
- Enter your website and select the language and click to continue to proceed.
- In this step, it will ask some contact information about you. Fill in the necessary details and hit on Submit my application.
- Log in to your AdSense account and place the sample ad on your website. This will make Google authenticate your site and helps in approval mechanism.
- There will be blank ads displayed on your website until Google approves your website.
- Wait for few days, Google will review your website and once they approve your application you could see the Google Ads displaying on your website.
- Once you Adsense earning reaches $10 Google will send a unique PIN to your mail address.
- Login to Google Adsense and Enter the PIN once you receive it. This is for the verification purpose until this step is finished you will not be able to withdraw your earnings money from Google.
- Congrats you have completed all the steps successfully. Once your earnings reach $100 you will be able to withdraw using Bank transfer or using other payment methods.
5 Things which you should not do after your Google Adsense is Approved
- The number one is Do not Click on your own Ads at any cost. Google will take this seriously and block you account if they find out.
- Do not use any mechanism which will automate the impression and clicks of ads on your website.
- Do not encourage directly or indirectly to click the ads on your page. Eg: Placing a text or button which says click here for more information, Any graphical content which says Click here to win bonus amount etc.
- Do not place Google Ads on Prohibited Content.
- Do not place Google Ads on the Copyrighted material, Gambling Content Pages. Check out the complete list of violations and Google Adsense Program Policies.
What are the different Ad Types available in Google Adsense?
- Text (includes text ads that have been rendered in the “display-like” magazine style format)
- Rich media
- Animated image
- Link units
Different Ad Units Available in Google Adsense?
- AdSense content unit
- AdSense links unit
- AdSense for search
Maximum Allowed Ads units on a Webpage?
- AdSense content unit – You can place a maximum of three content units on a web page.Content units are available in following sizes: (728*90, 468*60, 234*60, 125*125, 120*600, 160*600, 180*150, 120*240, 200*200, 250*250, 300*250, 336*280)
- AdSense link unit – You can place a maximum of three link units on a page.
- AdSense for search – You can add up to two Search units or Search Boxes on a page.
CTR is nothing but ad clickthrough rate (CTR) is the number of ad clicks divided by the number of individual ad impressions.
Ad CTR = Clicks / Ad impressions
For example, if your ad received 5 clicks out of 1000 ad impressions, your ad CTR would be 0.5%.
An ad impression is reported whenever an individual ad is displayed on your website to the user. Different ad formats will display varying numbers of ads; for example, each time a vertical banner appears on your site, you’ll see two ad impressions in your reports. In addition, keep in mind that the number of ads in any ad unit may vary depending on whether the ad unit is displaying standard text ads, expanded text ads, or display ads.
If the user is having any Adblockers and the Ad units are blocked then the Ad Impression is not counted.
The cost-per-click (CPC) is the amount you earn each time a user clicks on your ad. The CPC for any ad is determined by the advertiser; some advertisers may be willing to pay more per click than others, depending on what they’re advertising.
The impression revenue per thousand impressions (RPM) is the average earnings per one thousand impressions.
Impression RPM = (Estimated earnings / Impressions) * 1000
For complete details, Adsense terms Checkout Google Glossary of terms page
How much money can I earn from Google Adsense?
Well, the answer to this question depends on various factors. I would not go in detail of each and everything which affects the earnings. Lets starts with some real time examples and scenarios which will have an impact on earnings.
If your website meets below criteria then you wold be getting paid very good from Google Adsense
- You can earn good money if you have a lot of traffic to your website.
- If the majority of the visitors are from United States, UK, Canada and Austrailia
- CTR: The majority of AdSense bids are per click, so the Click Through Rate of your ad units has a huge impact on revenue performance. Units that are in positions where they attract few clicks will have drastically different performance to those with high CTRs.
- The quality of content matters a lot, think of scenario user has come to your blog to check the review which you have written on a product and if the user likes and click on the product ad and buys then the Conversion rate will increase and you will get paid higher.
- Last but not least the Niche plays an important role. Some of the topics and keywords yield a lot of money when clicked compared to others.
Top 12 Most Profitable High Paying Niche in Google Adsense.
- Domains – Google Cloud, Godaddy, Bluehost, Yahoo, Amazon Webservices
- Gadgets – Tech Gadgets like Apple, Samsung, LG products
- Insurance – Articles on Best Life Insurance, Mutual Funds available
- Google – Any Google Products
- Microsoft – Windows 10, 8.1, MS office, Visual Studio etc
- Banking – Articles on Banking Services
- Automobile – Cars, Bikes etc
- Health – Diet, Fat Burn, Exercise etc has highest CPC
- Real Estate –
- Home Loans
- Dating & Romance – It pays lowest CPC.
If your blog has 1000 visits per day. Approximately this is how much you could earn if you have Google Ads on your page.
Average CPC for Indian visitors: $0.07
Assuming total visitors are 1000 per day then total page views would approximately is 2000.
CTR rate –> click through rate per 1000 page views 2 %
Total earning report : 40 clicks * 0.07 = approx 2-3 dollars.